Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Trueclient Script Issue

Hi,

I am recording a script using trueclient protocol which has a PDF Pop up. The PDF pop up is not being recorded in to the script. Please help me to solvethis issue.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Trueclient Script Issue

Hey,

I wish I had good news for ya but I'm still trying to figure this issue out myself. Some things I've tried that have had some success is to use the Generic browser step and then set it up to press ok in the dialog box. This for me works 50% of the time. I'm currently working on trying to use send keys to send "enter" to see if that works.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.. Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

Re: Trueclient Script Issue

Previously in Loadrunner the only way to view PDF documents was to use the FireFox Browser and install a PDF Viewer plugin to view the PDF in the broswer. With the release of IE 11, The Adobe Reader was integrated with IE as a Managed Add-on. This means that PDF documents can now be viewed in the IE browser and in the LoadRunner Scripts.   However, the Adobe "Preference" need to be set as well. Open Adobe reader, go to edit-->preferences -- > Internet and then check under "Web Browser Options", "Display PDF in browser".  We also change our generators to run as a process rather than a system service so that we have more controll of these and other settings.  Hope this helps.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.