Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Trueclient script replay get successful even after changing credentials

Hi All,

I have recorded my script in trueclient script in VuGen successfully and works fine.

but I am observing the strange behavior of VuGen.

I have change the password of the user with which script is recorded and my script still runs and shows Login and logout transaction successful.

how is that possible, how should I investigate this.

The login transaction should get failed when the password of the user is changed in application.

Please help!

Regards,

Hanumant

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Trueclient script replay get successful even after changing credentials

Hi,

You need to make sure that after the login step you have more steps that rely on successful login. The login step can succeed since TruClient succeeded to enter the credentials, but subsquent steps will fail in case they rely on successful login.

Thanks,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Shlomi,

Isn't it wierd?

That means True client will enter credentials but will not look for server response if the crewdentials are correct or not??

I have few more transactions inside, such as Login attempt is successful when "click on Inbox" happens, that means it is suppose to work.

Also, "Logout" button will apear only when trueClient script logs in to the page successfully, the Logout transaction succeeds.

How do I tackle this.

Please help.

Regards,

Hanumant

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Madane,

TruClient works in the UI level, which means you need to validate success/fail criteria on UI level.

While TruClient waits for network activity, in case the step end event is network related, it does not examine the content transfered in the network level.

If you can attach the script or a snapshot of related steps (authentication steps and those coming afterwards), it will be easier to advice

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Shlomi,

The idea you gave seems to be working for me but not fully yet, here's what I have done.

I started recording script in TrueClient, when web page asked for the credentials, I started "Login" transaction, and after logging in, I clicked on "Inbox" object which is recorded by Trueclient and then I ended the "Login" transaction. and simply logout.

When I am replaying the script it works fine when user crdentials are OK.

But to test the same I changed the password, and script still used to run fine, but after few hours it started giving me an error target object i.e. "Inbox" not found. That means it started working as expected but did not started failing immedietly after credentials were changed,  This happened both in VuGen as well as in BPM.

Let me know what content fro script can help you and I will send you,

Please advise.

Please hlpe with trueclient script.

Thanks for your help so far!

Regards,

Hanumant

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Which TC browser are you using?  What's the result to try the whole business process (login->do something->log out->input wrong password->login again) in the browser which is provided by the browser vendor.

And also try the above business process with TC browser manually without recording/replay script.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Allen,

We are using trueclient firefox.

The replay goes smooth even when password is changed from application side.

Here is the script:

Script_View_Action()
{
    truclient_step("1", "Navigate to 'https://exchange.test.net/owa/'", "snapshot=Action_1.inf");
    truclient_step("2", "Wait 3 seconds", "snapshot=Action_2.inf");
    truclient_step("3", ": clickEvent on Add Exception…", "snapshot=Action_3.inf");
    {
        truclient_step("3.1", "Enter credentials in authentication dialog", "snapshot=Action_3.1.inf");
        truclient_step("3.2", "Wait 8 seconds", "snapshot=Action_3.2.inf");
    }
    lr_start_transaction("Login");
    truclient_step("7", "Click on Inbox", "snapshot=Action_7.inf");
    lr_end_transaction("Login",0);
    truclient_step("9", "Wait 6 seconds", "snapshot=Action_9.inf");
    lr_start_transaction("Logout");
    truclient_step("10", "Click on sign out", "snapshot=Action_10.inf");
    lr_end_transaction("Logout",0);
}

Please suggest!

Regards,

Hanumant

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi, You didn't reply what I suggested in my previous comment.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.