Contributor.
Contributor.

Trueclient xpath with OR condition highlights but doesn't match object

Hello,

I am testing an application where a search can either produce the search results in a table or it shows a message "no records found"

I have placed a verification object for search results , and it works fine when there are results returned. However, if there are no results it waits untill object timeout before failing the transaction. This causes high response times being reported in the results. 

I am trying to use an Xpath which can match both cases, thereby not showing the "timeout time" as response time. 

I tried two Xpath below . However eventhough trueclient highlights the correct text in both cases, during replay it doesnt matches the texts. Is there any other way to resolve this ?

//td[text()='results'] |  //label[text()='No records found']

.//*[text()='results ' or text()='No records found']

Br

Shinu

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Hello Shinu,

Which version are you using? Which browser?

Could you please try to run the “No records” scenario with the xpath: ‘//label[text()='No records found']’ (replay mode) and let me know the results of this run ?

BTW, did you try to use the ‘Descriptor’ identification method? It provides a visual UI to update a set of rules to help TruClient ident the object.

Waiting for the run results for further assistance.

Best Regards,

Eti

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.