Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Unable to Solve Load Runner Error code 32999 - Invalid Schema

Hi All, 

Im a beginer in LR, I'm using since 5months and I need a help in solving Error -32999: Invalid scheme (not "http:" / "https:" / "ws:" / "wss:") in "/default.aspx?Key=NonSSOEntry"

We have an application with different modules - So i created script with three modules for load testing i.e.. Accounts, Reports, Searches. which is used in high end by end users. And i Parameterized the common URL as below, this is done bcoz we use to run with different web instances like QA1, UAT2 etc.

-- Login page code as below ---

web_url("default.aspx", 
        "URL={URL}/default.aspx?Key=NonSSOEntry", 
        "Resource=0", 
        "RecContentType=text/html", 
        "Referer=", 
        "Snapshot=t1.inf", 
        "Mode=HTML", 
        LAST);

Parameter : {URL}  - https://qa1-secure-gateway-Mav.com or https://uat2-secure-gateway-Mav.com

i'm getting inconsistent LR error 32999 for couple of users. For example : i'm running the script for Searches with 5 different user logins. To cross check i run it for 5 iterations in Vugen, Couple of users will get fail with this error. 

Attached a screenshot for referance. 

Please help me to solve this issue. 

Thanks & Regards,

Rajiv Joshi

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Re: Unable to Solve Load Runner Error code 32999 - Invalid Schema

It seems your paramter {URL} is empty. 

you can use

lr_log_message(lr_eval_string("URL parameter={URL}"));

to double check it's value.

Regards,

Bingle(LoadRunner R&D)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi

As I understand it, it works for most users but somtimes it fail. And as Bingle points out it seems like {URL} is empty.

How is {URL} populated. If it is a parameter-file, make sure that it do not have an empty line at the end.

br /ola

Please mark post as solved if your problems or questions is/are resolved.
If this post was valuable to you, please consider kudo it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi, 

Those are valid points. I taken care of it. There are no Empty line at the end. And Strange is, Its not particular to single user its random. Our project is on stand by because of this issue and im trying to find the solution in all the way. but still no luck. If anyone faced and solved please help to resolve. 

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Hi, 

This sounds really strange.

So you're using file parameter, and runing from controller, is it? Are you using Linux or Windows LG?  

I think you can check following points, 

1) Is there some other script lines saving values to the parameter {URL}?

2) You can try the "simulate parameter" functionality in VuGen(as I posted in attachment), is it works as expect? 

3)If "simulate parameter" works as expect, but LG just randomly generate empty parameter, you can have a double check of the parameter .dat file deployed to LG, and please tell us the LR version number and share a sample parameter file(.prm and <param_name>.dat in script directory). 

Regards,

Bingle(LoadRunner R&D)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Below are my inline comments

So you're using file parameter, and runing from controller, is it? Are you using Linux or Windows LG?  

[Rajiv] - Yes i'm using file parameter and running from Controller. i'm using Windows LG.

I think you can check following points, 

1) Is there some other script lines saving values to the parameter {URL}? 

[Rajiv] - Yes, The parameter {URL} is through out the script. 

2) You can try the "simulate parameter" functionality in VuGen(as I posted in attachment), is it works as expect? 

[Rajiv] - I tried simulate parameter in VuGen and it works as expected. (Please find the attachment).

3)If "simulate parameter" works as expect, but LG just randomly generate empty parameter, you can have a double check of the parameter .dat file deployed to LG, and please tell us the LR version number and share a sample parameter file(.prm and <param_name>.dat in script directory). 

[Rajiv] - 1. How to cross check the parameter.dat file deployed to LG ? Could you please explain. 

2. I'm using LR 12.50 with Patch 1. (Note : i'm getting this error before and after Patch update). 

3. i'm unable to attach .dat and .prm file getting this error. 

The file URL.dat does not have a valid extension for an attachment and has been removed. jpg,gif,png are the valid extensions.
The file XXX.prm does not have a valid extension for an attachment and has been removed. jpg,gif,png are the valid extensions.

i'm trying my level best to get resolved. Please help me in resolving this issue. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

I suggest the following.

a) Instead of increasing the iteration count, go ahead and run it in controller for 5-10 users (ur choice) and see if its getting errored.

b) Check whether the http or https is included  at the runtime, to the URL for the UserID for login fails.

Enable the extended log options in run time settings and give this run. If it doesnt work,provide the log file here for further analysis.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Hello,

• To upload files here, you can zip them and change the suffix to jpg, then it’s OK.
  • I mean other script lines may “Overwrite” the parameter. For example, there is:

lr_save_string(“URL”, “same new value”) or web_reg_save_param(“URL”, “LB=…) or web_save_html_param_ex(  in your script.

there won’t be warnings for saving values to an existing parameter, I think you have to check this condition.

• In controller, select the LG in “Load Generators” window, connect it and select “Details…”, then you will be able to see the "Temporary directory" of LG. go to the Temporary directory on LG, then run the scenario, you’ll see many new folders created, each folder represent a vuser, then you’ll able to find the deployed data there. But I think the possibility of “deploy” error is very rare, if you’re sure there is no “Overwrite”, I think you can turn on the RTS->Log->Extended Log->Parameter substitution and Advanced trace.  Then in controller, check "Results->Results Settings..." to find the result directory. then find the error Vuser logs at the "log" folder at result directory on controller.  I’m OK to have a check of the log if you posted it. 

Regard,

Bingle(LoadRunner R&D)

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.