Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Unable to access network remote share

I am using LoadRunner 12.55.

My Web Services Scripts will not work on a Network Share Storage.  We are not allowed to mount the drive to the Controller.  But our HTTP scripts work just fine.  I get the bellow error when running the scripts on the controller, If i execute the script on VuGen, no issues.  Where do i set the loadFromRemoteSources?

Error: InvokeMethod failure: An attempt was made to load an assembly from a network location which would have caused the assembly to be sandboxed in previous versions of the .NET Framework.
This release of the .NET Framework does not enable CAS policy by default, so this load may be dangerous.
If this load is not intended to sandbox the assembly, please enable the loadFromRemoteSources switch.

Here is my HP.Utt.StandaloneDebugger.exe.config.  I made the change and it still doesn't work.  From a previous post  (https://community.microfocus.com/t5/LoadRunner-Professional-User/Loadrunner-VUGen-12-Running-from-Network-Error-System-IO/td-p/578039)

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<configuration>
<startup useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy="true">
<supportedRuntime version="v4.0"
sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.0"/>
</startup>
<runtime>
<loadFromRemoteSources enabled="true"/>
<generatePublisherEvidence enabled="false"/>
</runtime>
</configuration>

Boatnlarry
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Re: Unable to access network remote share

I am getting frustrated with this issue.  I have copy my scripts to a local drive in order for me web services script to work.  What I don't understand is why the HTTP scripts work using the network share connection.  I have all the LGs connected to the network share.  Any assistance is greatly appreciated.!!!

Boatnlarry
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

I have upgraded all my servers to 12.63 and I am still seeing the issue.  Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Boatnlarry
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

I did some troubleshooting.

I changed the Host Temporary directory to \\xx.xx.xx.xx\tst_data\Temp under Tools>Option>Runtime File Storage tab and selected On a Shared network directory

I changed the Load Generator Information under the RuntimeFile Storage tab to select "as defined in Tools>Options> Runtime File Storage

Here are the errors I am getting:

Load_500.c(5): Error: ExtractResultArg failure: Object reference not set to an instance of an object..

Load_500.c(5): Error: InvokeMethod failure: An attempt was made to load an assembly from a network location which would have caused the assembly to be sandboxed in previous versions of the .NET Framework. This release of the .NET Framework does not enable CAS policy by default, so this load may be dangerous. If this load is not intended to sandbox the assembly, please enable the loadFromRemoteSources switch. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=155569 for more information..

Load_500.c(5): Error: Web service call "XXXXXXXXX" execution failed

Log extension: Cannot create results directory "res\log".

Boatnlarry
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

All,

In order for us to use the network shared folder we had to change our scripts folder name to a 5 character name.  Before we used "e:\Performance Test\script name", once we were granted access to the network share folder we were using "\\nn.nnn.nnn.n\Shared_folder_name\Performance Test\00001_script_name" (longest is 28 characters).  Now we have to use this format \\nn.nnn.nnn.n\Shared_folder_name\00001.   But this is only an issue with Web Service Protocols, HTTP doesn't seem to be impacted.  We are not allowed to mount the shared network drive in order to give it drive designation letter.  Is there a fix for the error based on the length of the Path.

Boatnlarry
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.