Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..
599 views

Unable to connect to SiteScope Sever via Controller

Jump to solution

Hello,

Recently we were required to change the main SiteScope URL to HTTPS port 8443 with a self sign Certificate.  Now we are not able to connect to the SiteScope Server port 8899 within the controller since we did this.  This connection was working with http port 8888.  I am able to telnet from the controller server and my desktop to SiteScope port 8899. The master config file as the correct port information. Is ther another setting needing to be updated?

HP SiteScope 11.33.521 64-bit JVM, Build 437

Setting in the Master.config file.

_httpActivePort=8888
_httpsActivePort=8899

_httpSecurePort=8899

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Everyone,

This issue is resolved.  I had a session with Micro Focus rep and he pointed out the certificate maybe causing the issue.  Since we went to the secure port and IP we had to create a self-sign certificate on the SiteScope Server.  I exported the certificate from the SiteScope server and imported on the Loadrunner Controller server.  However this didn't resolve the issue.  I modified SiteScope section in the xmlmonitorshared.ini file to add a specific login ID, and changed the port number to 8899.  Still no luck.  Then I changed the connection name in the SiteScope Server Information, in the controller setup, under the Run tab to a FQDN instead of the IP.   Just like magic connection was made.

Larry

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Everyone,

This issue is resolved.  I had a session with Micro Focus rep and he pointed out the certificate maybe causing the issue.  Since we went to the secure port and IP we had to create a self-sign certificate on the SiteScope Server.  I exported the certificate from the SiteScope server and imported on the Loadrunner Controller server.  However this didn't resolve the issue.  I modified SiteScope section in the xmlmonitorshared.ini file to add a specific login ID, and changed the port number to 8899.  Still no luck.  Then I changed the connection name in the SiteScope Server Information, in the controller setup, under the Run tab to a FQDN instead of the IP.   Just like magic connection was made.

Larry

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Larry,

Thank you very much for sharing with everyone.

I'm glad things are working now 🙂

take care,

Lior

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.