Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Unable to install load runner 12.60

I tried installing trial version of "LoadRunner 12.60 Community Edition", but getting error message "unable to install "C:\Temp\Micro Focus LoadRunner 12.60 Community Edition\DVD\lrunner\Common\vc2015_redist_x86\VC2015Prerequisite.exe"normal.Exit code:-2146232576. do you want to continue?"

Am using windows 7 PC for installation.

0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Unable to install load runner 12.60

Hi,

Can you try to install VS redistributable 2015 manually after downloading it from Microsoft (both 32 and 64 bit one).

Adrian

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Hi,

I tried installing VC_redistributable 2015 and got error "setup failed" with error code "0x80070666". Please find attached files

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Please find the screenshots of the log error files of the failed installationof both VC_redistributable x86 & x64 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

If you have VC 2017 installed try to uninstall it and then install VC 2015 first.

Adrian

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Also, when you install LR please make sure you are install it as ADMIN.

Adrian

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

I only have VC 2005 redistributable x64, do I need to uninstall that ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

I re-installed both VC x64 as well as x86 manually after uninstalling x64/x86 present in the PC, but still getting the same error whileinstalling LR

"unable to install "C:\Temp\Micro Focus LoadRunner 12.60 Community Edition\DVD\lrunner\Common\vc2015_redist_x86\VC2015Prerequisite.exe"normal.Exit code:-2146232576. do you want to continue?"

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Hi,

I am also facing the same issue while installing LR....

Did you find the appropriate solution for the same....?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.