Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Unable to launch Oracle Forms applet from LR12 using Web(HTTP/HTML) + Oracle NCA multiprotocol

Hello everyone. I'm facing some issues while recording an Oracle Forms(11g) application. This application has a web frontend which launches an applet.The issue is that vugen 12 is not launching the applet frm the web front end. I'm however able to manually access the application on the Win8 machine on which LR is insalled with no issues though(!).

I'm recording using Web(HTTP/HTML) +Oracle NCA multiprotocol. And I should also mention that the web requests are getting recorded properly but isn't of much significance to the business process.What I'm trying to achieve here is to record the Oracle Forms applet launch and all the subsequent NCA actions into the script.

On investigation, I found that there are some .crl (revocation lists) files that are called just before the applet launch( checked through Fiddler), but these .crl files are no getting recorded in the web script. Are these .crl files mandatory for the applet to launch in the browser? Nevertheless, I've also added the LR WCAPlus_expiration2022 certificate into the 'Trusted Certification Authorities' under Java Console. But none of this has helped so far.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Details below-

LR version 12, Win8
JRE 1.7_0_45
Java plugin 10.45.2.18
Oracle forms version 11.2
Oracle application server 11g

0 Likes
16 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Unable to launch Oracle Forms applet from LR12 using Web(HTTP/HTML) + Oracle NCA multiprotocol

Hi,

I am also facing the same issue while recording an Oracle forms application.
Am able to access the application manually using IE 10 browser on the Win 8 machine whereas when I try to record the same application in VuGen 12, it is not launching the applet from the web front end.

Any help will be much appreciated...

Regards,

Raxita

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Unable to launch Oracle Forms applet from LR12 using Web(HTTP/HTML) + Oracle NCA multiprotocol

Try to record with Oracle - Web App 11i ,and check antivirus disabled or block access

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi MohammedHamed,

I tried recording using Oracle -Web app 11i protocol , but it still doesn't launch the applet; while recording almost 2k+ events.( It's actually downloading the sunjpi.exe JRE Plugin)

Regarding the Antivirus, it's McAfee and and we cannot disable it due to corporate security policy.

Please let me know if there is a way to make this work.

Thanks and Regards.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Can you check please if you are using SSL to acess java applet ? Try to use different port mapping to record

Winsockets/Winiet

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Track proccesed Local crated as COM servers

WinINet

web+NCA+11i

and try to record

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi MohammedHamed,

Please find below my response to your suggestions:

1. The applet is not being accessed via SSL or TLS layer

2. Tried with WinInet mode but the oracle forms applet won't launch

3. Mulitprotocol option is not available with Web app 11i .

Another observation, now the applet refuses to launch manually as well!! Installed latest Java 1.8 update and set all classpaths properly but still fails to launch. No idea as to what messed the configuration up as it was at least working manually! All we did was restart the machine couple of times to install mandatory Windows security updates.

So to summarise, we are facing 2 issues now:

1. Unable to manually launch the oracle forms applet through IE 10

2. Unable to launch the applet through Vugen 12

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Try the setps :

1- Downgrade to IE 9

2- Use java 1.7

3- Record GUI mode oracle web 11i

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

I am assuming you are trying to record Oracle EBS. If the application is not being launched from within EBS please ensure you have popup blocker deactivated within internet explorer. Bear in mind internet explorer launched within LR can reset certain settings as opposed to what you have setup normally in the browser. HTTP / NCA is all that is required if it is EBS.

edit: If it is not launching manually or within LR now, it is definitely a JAVA issue, and not the popup blocker listed previously. Completely remove JAVA from your machine, then depending on the version of LR you have, reinstall with the suggested version for your LR version.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi  

I'm trying to record a Oracle Fusion Middleware Web Services application(OFM). I will try to have a clean uninstall of JAVA followed by a new installation and let you know the findings.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Anyone find the solution for this problem. please post the solution if any.

Thanks,

Satheesh

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

the issue in recording Oracle forms

I am recording  multilpotocol script web+nca,  where in if the client launches a new browser tab and nothing is recorded 

The application  is built on Oracle 11g/oracle form.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.