NOTICE: Significant community changes coming soon
The header menu and the home page on our community will be changing soon. Get more information HERE.
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Unable to record Citrix ica script on LR 11.51

I'm currently using LR 11.51. In one of my script, i need to nake use of citrix ica protocol for recording. As the .ica file returned by the server after login changes everytime. Hence i'm using a multiprotocol script with HTTP/HTML and Citrix protocols.

During recording, the login part is getting recorded successfully but i'm not able launch the citrix part. Initially it asked me to install a patch for LR. But after that also it didnt work.

Need advice on the same.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

It's pretty difficult to give a quick answer to your question without deeper investigation.

However here are few things to try:

1. Upgrade to latest version of LR and VuGen. 11.51 is very old release, the most recent one is 12.53 and you can download it for free here: https://saas.hpe.com/download/loadrunner - it's the same license you have in 11.51 so feel free to upgrade
  2. Check Citrix protocol recording tips
  3. Check Citrix protocol troubleshooting and limitations
  4. A detailed Citrix protocol related webinar recording is available here: LR and PC Videos -> search for "Citrix" on the page

I hope that first suggestions will help.

Igor Markov
R&D Manager, Performance Engineering Core
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.