Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.. Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Unable to record a Java Application .jnlp extracted from .jar file

Good morning,

I have followed the steps in the post:

https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/LoadRunner-Practitioners-Forum/No-events-getting-recorded-while-recording-jnlp-application/m-p/1637589#M26951

After configuring the Java over HTTP according to the instructions I started recording. The system displays the Java Application splash screen twice as expected but does not launch the application.

I have taken the same values and created a desktop shortcut to launch the application which works.

The Java Application is usually started with a Web Start Page. I have located the .jar files and decompressed the .jar file which contain the Application.jnlp.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Paul

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.. Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Re: Unable to record a Java Application .jnlp extracted from .jar file

Today follow up is that I noted and error in the recording log: (Service=) NOT PROXIED! (REASON: Unable to connect to remote server: rc = -1 .

The system attempted to launch the application and caputured 130 items. Under recording options I turned on HTTP Properties Advanced and set Use the LoadRunner Proxy to record a local application. The application now starts. However, I do not see any recorded trafic after the application launch.

Any suggestions for the next steps?

Thank you

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.