Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Unable to record a desktop application using Java record replay protocol using LoadRunner.

Hello,

I have been trying to  record a java based application using Java Record Replay protocol in LoadRunner (version 12.53).But no events are recorded.Is there any other protocol that can be used for recording a java based desktop application? If there is any, Do share your suggestion.Thank you.

0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Visitor.

Re: Unable to record a desktop application using Java record replay protocol using LoadRunner.

It's Java with eclipse. We tried Java Record and Replay, Windows socket protocols but could not succeed 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Unable to record a desktop application using Java record replay protocol using LoadRunner.

Hi,

Is this is a client/server application or pure desktop with communication to any server?

If it is connecting to a server with which protocol?

If it is not, why do you need to test it? to measure GUI performance in a single user test?

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello,

Yes,It is a client/server application.

It does connect to a server with http/https protocol.

We need to measure the performance of more than 50 users.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

Can you please try Java over HTTP or Web (HTTP/HTML)?

Thanks,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello,

Yes, I tried both Java over HTTP and Web (HTTP/HTML).Did not work.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

Can you please describe it in more details when recording through Web (HTTP/HTML)?

1. Which process do you launch when you record? 

2. Did you try the proxy recorder

3. Do you see any event being captured?

4. Can you share the recording log?

Web (HTTP/HTML) protocol should be able to capture the traffic for sure, it is just a matter of configuration (recording options and maybe some Windows level configuration). 

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.. Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Re: Unable to record a desktop application using Java record replay protocol usi

Can this method be used if the Java application is executed by a .bat file?

When I tried using Web (HTTP/HTML) it told me "Could not determine application bit capacity."

I have not been successful in finding a protocol that will record any code for playback

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Hi,

I am hitting a URL (like http://xxxxxx.jnlp) with extension  .jnlp application. Then It launches java application (kind of POS that is Point of Store application). I tried with Java Over Http, it is not launching the application. But when tried to Java record and reply/web Http html, it launches the application but not capturing the events. Kindly suggest me how to do.

Regards,

Anshuman

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.