I am unable to record my application in chromium using truclient protocol in LR 12.55. When the url is entered then first statement gets recorded but showing loading symbol continuosly in chromium (incognito). However, the application gets recorded from New window (Ctrl +N) in chromium , but fails during replay.
I tried to record in IE and gets recorded, but my application supports all the fuctionality in Chrome only.
Please find the chromium recording issue in the attached screenshot. Please suggest me how to resolve this issue.
TruClient uses incognito chormium window to record. this behaviour can't be modified.
please check of your application can be run in Incognito mode outside of TruClient.
if it can not, I suggest you try web (http / html) as your protocol of choice.
Thank you for the reply. I can run my application in incognito mode using Chrome, but with Truclient iam not able to record the events.
ok - so my next question, is it possible your application is limited to a specific chrome version?
Yes. Currently application is built to work in only Chrome. Is there any other settings required to work in Truclient -Chromium. I tried opening manually in Loadrunner->bin-> chromium browser ->incognito and application work fine in the browser.
Hi KVS Kumar,
I'm sorry to hear that you are having difficulties recording with TruClient.
Your answers to the following follow up questions shall allow us to understand the issue better:
- Is the AUT you are testing publicly available outside of your organization?
- When not in recording state, does the navigation complete successfully or you are facing the same issue?
- Please try to complete the following steps to supply us with a log of the issue.
First, change the Log level to "Extended log".
You can do it by:
- In VuGen, go to "Runtime settings".
- In the side menu, choose "Log".
- Select "Extended Log" and save. You can return to TruClient now.
Start recording, navigate to the page and then do the following:
- Right click on the "TC" icon to the upper right of the browser window.
- In the opened menu, choose "Manage Extensions".
- Check "Developer mode" in the upper right corner.
- After "Inspect view", click on "background page". Developer Tools window is opened.
- Click on "Console".
- Select all the text you see there, copy and attach it.
Thank you for the reply. Please find my below points
1. I can use AUT publicly outside of organisation.
2. In Develop script mode, without clicking recording option and tried to run the application then page is loading continuously which is same as when recording.
3. I have enabled Extended log in runtime settings and started recording.
Please find the attached log.
Thanks for the information.
Please follow my instructions precisely - it seems that the Console you opened belongs to the AUT rather than to TruClient's Extension background page as requested.
Also, If you tell me the AUT you are trying to test I can try to reproduce it myself and let you know the results.