New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Unable to record java applet using Loadrunner

Hi,

I am trying to record a web basede application which launches a java applet and after performing certain tasks returns back to the same page from where it was invoked. I first faced an issue while recording the application as it trys to initiate the applet the error was SSL hand shake exception. I have over come this error using winlnet recording mode except socket level recording. Now the application records using http/html(url) protocol and even is able to launch the applet and work further on it sucessfully, however after launching the applet LR is not recording any action that has performed on the applet. In turn hen the control is back to the browser is recordes the remaining steps(i.e. logout). I have tried several protocols, was failed (protocols like java record & reply, web click n script, web services, http/html htmal based & url based. Please suggest further....

I am using LR version: 9.0 The protocols i have tried: http/html(winlnet level, url based)I have tried using URL mode. Platform(s) (PCs) and Operating Systems (Windows-XP, etc.) are Windows XP Service Pack 2

P.S> This thread has been moved from Performance Center Support and News Forum to LoadRunner Support Forum - HP Forum Moderator

0 Likes
12 Replies
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Is there any client/server communication?
Does the applet communicate over http or any Java based protocol?
Did you record with Winsock Single protocol?
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes i have tried using winsock only as a single protocol. it records only unreadable binary data which is not good enough.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

All application components use Java Serialization over HTTP protocol. This is implemented using Spring Remoting and Apache HttpClient.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The application uses Java web start to launch the swing componant which actually gets downloaded on client machine & then reverts back to the browser once you close the componant. The only protocol I could record activities performed on this swing componant is using Winsock single protocol. The only accessibility I have for this application is the URL of the same & credentials to login & browse. Kindly help.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sounds like web/winsock multi protocol is the way to go with this. I have come across similar applications using serialised objects over HTTP. How difficult it is to get a working script is often dependant on the business process you are following and how much correlation you need to do.

Put a lot of comments in your script recording when it comes to winsock or you will struggle to follow what is going on.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have already used winsock protocol & as said earlier it is of no use. I cant even read & the bytes are very less as compared to the data being transfered. Can some once suggest any other alternative.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Can HP provide us with a webinar session to understand the issue and may be solve the same?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Cadet 3rd Class Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Have you given a try with Java Over HTTP protocol? But you will need to get those .jar files imported downloaded to your local machine first.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HI,

Did you get it running? I am facing the same issue... & tried different protocols but no help!!!

It just records events of launch Applet... but nothing after 😞

Any help would be appreciated!!!

Thanks...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

hi

seems it all need to decrease the max-heap-size to  64M in JNLP file. then you 're able to record the events.

-Raghu

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Need Help in Recording Java Based Application using LoadRunner 11.52

We tried to do tool feasibility with two scenarios using jar files provided by Application Development Team

• View document (Launch->Login->open any document -> Logout)
• Create a new non-clinical document (Launch->Login->Go file-new-doc -> Provide details for new doc->Provide details for general tab-> provide details for nonclinical-> Logout)

When we recorded in the Load runner tool for first scenario, we didn’t see any Binary data request.
But when we recorded 2nd scenario, we found many binary data requests which is not readable format. The binary data is Occurring once we click on New Button. Binary data occured when Java applet is Running.

We are not finding any binary data for Launch, Home page and Logout pages.

We have tried with Complete jar files provided by Appliaction Development Team.

Your solution is much Appriciated.Kindly provide your response as quick as possible.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.