Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Unable to record using using Trueclient protocol in vugen 12.50

Hello Team,

Not able to record the Application using Trueclient protocol in vugent. Tried to develope script using all 3 browsers (IE, chrome & Firefox)  & below are the observations;

1. IE - trueclient ie itself not launching

2. chromium - able to access the login page but the complete page is not loading (version

3. Firefox - able to access the login page but the complete page is not loading (similar to chromium). (version 37.0.2)

Application dont have any compatible issue with the browser..

Aprt from recording, when accessed manually through browsers in Loadrunner directory found simiar issues  but using the installed version of browser (IE & firefox) able to access & do the flow easily.

Tool details;

Loadrunner 12.50

Protocol - Trueclient- web

Please suggest further steps to debug the same.

Any help is appreaciated.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Unable to record using using Trueclient protocol in vugen 12.50

Hi GHarsh, 

Have you tried to record with Web HTTP-HTML protocol? 

Maybe the embedded versions of the browsers present some conflits with the application components. 

Let me know, 

Lorenzo

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi G. Harsh,

A few questions on this issue:

- Is the application available for us to access, in order to check it on another installation and other versions?

- Has the machine with the current installation worked in the past for other websites?

- Have you tested other websites?

- What version was previously on this machine?

This sounds like a corrupt installation or uninstallation of previous versions to me.

Please answer the above questions to reach the core issue on this and find a fix together.

Thank you,

- Lup.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Hi GHarsh, 

I've found this interesting article about your porblem. Can you make a check on it and tell us if this can be helfull? 

Error Message: VuGen cannot open the TruClient browser.

This error has occurred because you do not have the proper permissions to establish communication between VuGen and the TruClient browser.

Recommendation: Ask your administrator or a power user to run this command:

netsh http add urlacl url=http://127.0.0.1:<port_given_in_the_error_message>/ user=<DOMAIN>\<USER_NAME>

Example:

netsh http add urlacl url=http://127.0.0.1:8080/ user=DOMAIN\john

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi Lup,

Thanks for the revert.

Is the application available for us to access, in order to check it on another installation and other versions?

-->  The application is not accesible over the internet

- Has the machine with the current installation worked in the past for other websites?

We are able to capture the applciation traffic through web- Http/html protocol. wont be able to check other one as there is no internet connectivity.

What version was previously on this machine?

--> We started with LR 12.50 itself, so there is no other LR version running earlier on these machines.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Hello lb1,

Thanks for the revert.

I am usinng admin user for login vugen machines & in addition to that also strted vugen as Runas administrator.

So wont feel like there is any issue with user rights.

i'll chcek with suggested command & get back to you soon.

Let me know if there are anyother things i can try.

Regards,

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.