Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Unable to view snapshot on error in Controller and VuGen

Loadrunner version: 8.1.4

Runtime Setting ->Miscellaneous ->'Generate snapshot on error' is checked;

After replay in VuGen, try to click‘View replay snapshot only’button on the scritp which the error occured,but the button is disabled;

After running in controller, double-clicking on the line at which the error occurred, there is no snapshot open, and the 'snapshot' button is disabled.

I have no idea why? BTW, Firefox, Netscape and IE 6 are all installed in the computer.

It's too difficult to analysis when error occuring without 'snapshot on error', pls help me.
Thanks in advance.
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Unable to view snapshot on error in Controller and VuGen

In both VUgen and the Controller, the snapshot is only viewable if you are in Tree view. Don't ask me why...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks James!
Yes, I have seen snapshot in VUGen test result.

But still can't see snapshot in Controller vuser log. I have captured a graph about vuser log as attachment, is it the right place to see snapshot?

You mentioned 'tree view in Controller', where to find it?

Thanks in advance.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

I have faced the Same Issue in Load runner 12.50V, as per my knowledge, i have checked that if i give a lengthy File Path for Controller Result, the Screen shots are not generated,

please Give a Shot File Path as "D:\Result 1 " and run the Controller Scenario, and check whether u get the Screenshot generated on error.

hope this may help you.

and if the error is not related to Application Object Detection, or Object action, and system error then it may be a reason its not generating screenshot,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Iam also facing same issue. It is showing only error message not showing that enabled snapchat icon.

am using windows 10>>Microfocuss loadrunner 12.60.

what is the root cause please share with me....

thanks in advance...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Hi guys,

I Got that snapchat on error in controller i have attached that image in below please find it.

when you got error in VUgen then only you got that error in controller which will be visible to you..

Steps:--

1. Take a sample web tours application 

2. Record the script in vugen don't conduct correlation.

3. Put a check point using web_reg_save_param("text=dileep",LAST); which is invalid

4. Push that script into controller & enable that Snapcha on error option in controller RTS >> Misllanious>> Generate Snapchat on error.

5. Run the test verify the vuser log by clicking vuser option at running test.

This will be helpfull...........

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.