Highlighted
New Member.

Unusually high SSL Handshake time for Login transactions

Jump to solution

Hi All

We conduct performance test on 3 applications for the same client organizations. The settings for all 3 applications are similar . However for one of applications, the LR Analysis tool  shows unsually high 'SSL Handshake Time'' from the Worst URLs by Reponse Time table.

I see that most the login transactions for that applications have this behaviour. The 'Layers Breakdown' column shows that the 'SSL Handshake time' is unusually high compared to other 2 applications (Attaching a screenshot)

For the same application, Normally the Login transaction takes around 0.2 seconds when run in VUGen. But during the load test this increases to an average of around 49 seconds which is not the actual login response time. screenshot below

I would like to the possible causes for this or any pointers on this ? Pls let me know if any other details needed. Whehre should I look for to troubleshoot ?SSL Handshkae time.jpg

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
New Member.

Re: Unusually high SSL Handshake time for Login transactions

Jump to solution

Hi All

The Max Clients setting on the Web server was set to 50. Increasing that to 900resolved this issue. Topic closed

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
New Member.

Re: Unusually high SSL Handshake time for Login transactions

Jump to solution

Hi All

The Max Clients setting on the Web server was set to 50. Increasing that to 900resolved this issue. Topic closed

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.