Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Use External ".C" Files in Ajax TruClient

Hello Everyone, I'm trying to separate some information that I have into C-functions.c file into separate and external files.

I already tried to use the evaluate JS -> LR.scriptDir("C:\Testing.c") but I receive the error about the LR.scriptDir is not a function.

the reason of this is because I dont want to share some IDs into the script therefore I need to save them into one external file and remove that information of the C-functions.c file that is also compressed when the file is saved.

Best Regards!

Cesar Solorio

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Use External ".C" Files in Ajax TruClient

scriptDir is a property, not a function.

Could you explain more about the reason? I cannot understand what you have written. Do you want to remove c-function.c? Why the file is compressed? Are you using LoadRunner or BPM?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hello Allen,

The reason because I want separate some information is because this profile will be uploaded to one BPM that  many users have access too, so in order to be safe I need to separate some parameters in an external file that will be saved on the machine that is going to be executing this profile.

In Web Protocol, we frequently use the ".h" functions to save this kind of information.

but Im not prery sure if we can use the same and how we can load these files since TruClient.

Best Regards!

Cesar Solorio

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

TruClient script contains C-functions.c file which was created specifically for this purpose. You can add as many functions as you want to that file and use "Evaluate C" step to call them.

TruClient does not support adding more C files. This is by design and not going to change. TruClient was designed to run JavaScript code from within the browser and using function libraries as opposed to C coding.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hello Shlomi,

Thanks for your response back, although it was not the response that I wanted to hear but thats fine, it looks that we will not support this protocol for sensitive applications.

BSM is used for many users therefore sensitive information should be saved on the machines that have limited access and routed to the BPM workspace, if TruClient does not support external files then we can disregard this protocol.

Best Regards!

Cesar Solorio

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.