Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Using LR and SUAPui

I'm using LR to test web_services and I use SOAPui.  When I click on Record button, SUAPui is started but nothing is recorded.

Any help is appreciated.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Re: Using LR and SUAPui

You can not just record your actions in SoapUI with LR running and expect a test to be recorded. Why are you not simply using the webservices protocol in LR???

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Using LR and SUAPui

Hi,

You can do web services scripting in two ways:

1. Using Web Services Protocol.
  2. Using Web Protocol.

Scripting using Web Services Protocol:

1. First open the vugen and select Web Services protocol.
  2. Click on Manage Services on top nav bar and Click on Import and give the WSDL URL which is usually ends with wsdl
  3. Now Click on Add Web Service Call on top nav bar. Give the Input Arguments and Leave the out put arguments empty. And click on ok
  4. It will create a script in loadrunner. You can use lr_xml_find and lr_xml_get_values to validate the page.

Scripting using Web Protocol:
  1. Open the vugen and select Web HTTP/HTML protocol
  2. Insert a function"web_custom_request"
  3. Copy formatted XML from SOAP UI and paste into custome request body
e.g.
web_custom_request("My_Request",
      "URL=http://www.web123service/getRequest",
      "Method=POST",
      "TargetFrame=",
      "Resource=0",
      "RecContentType=text/xml",
      "Referer=",
      "Mode=HTML",
      "EncType=text/xml; charset=utf-8",
      "Body= XML Request need to paste here"
      LAST);

4. You can capture all the response using correlation function (web_reg_save_param). You can also add check point using (web_reg_find)

Regards,
Gagandeep Malviya

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.