Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Using VTS for restarting users

We have a an issue with running scenarios where if we have limited test data for a user, and it fails and we want to continue running the user in the Scenario, what we do is disable the group, then create a new group referencing the parameter files, and kick that user off again.

I picked up on a few questions regarding VTS and it peaked my interest.
Can I use VTS (or any other solution?) to provide data to a user again without LR restricting for its uniqueness.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Using VTS for restarting users

Hello Brian_Folan,

Please let me know if I understand your concern.

What you mean is, when you run out of the parameter file to start again from the first line?

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Regards,

Daniela Gómez Alvarado
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Re: Using VTS for restarting users

Hi Daniela,

You can easily use VTS for your scripts. Xou don't need any parameters at all.

With "vtc_rotate_row()" you can read a whole row out of your testdata table and add it at the end of the row.

With "lrvtc_rotate_message()" or "lrvtc_rotate_messages1()" you can read a specific collums.

And you can use multiple VTS-instances within one script. (other functions e.g. vtc_rotate_messages1())

Best regards

P

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.