Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Using company's LR license on Azure

Jump to solution

The company I am working for needs to run load tests based on Azure. We usually use a local performance lab. We have 500 VUsers license on local Controller. Is there a way to load from an Azure based Controller using the license we already have?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

You can use your existing license for that but you'd need to use your own Azure account and create Load Generator Azure image. 

As opposed to AWS Micro Focus does not publish an image for Azure - it needs to be taken care off by the customer.

Regards,

Shlomi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

You can use your existing license for that but you'd need to use your own Azure account and create Load Generator Azure image. 

As opposed to AWS Micro Focus does not publish an image for Azure - it needs to be taken care off by the customer.

Regards,

Shlomi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Toda Shlomi.

Now we have our Azure VMs ready. We will install controller and generators.

Can you tell me how to use our existing license on them?

Thanks a lot!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Glad to hear that.

You can just use your existing LoadRunner license and connect to this Load Generator from the Controller machine on which you have the license installed.
You will be able to run on the Cloud Load Generator any protocols you are licensed to run. LoadRunner does not "care" if the Load Generator is on the Cloud or on premise.

Regards,
Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Thx Shlomi, but like I said in the first question, the controller is cloud based, we have no connection between local network and cloud but a jump machine. I do need to transfer the license

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Oh. Sorry, i overlooked that.

I do not think there is a way to move the license from one Controller to another as the license is usually locked to a specific host ID. You will need to work with a sales represenative to explore the alternatives.

If you do not have a sales rep or account manager assigned to you, please post your question here: https://software.microfocus.com/en-us/products/loadrunner-load-testing/contact#mounted

Regards,
Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

"we have no connection between local network and cloud but a jump machine"

You might explore SSH forward tunnel via your jump machine to your LG server

Signature:
Reward community members who take time to respond and help.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.