Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Using loadrunner to execute an Update on MS-SQL DB

I have a test were I need to update column in Micorsoft DB and this update will trigger sending a file to another application.  I need to send 50,000 updates in an hour.  Is there a way using load runner to execute this SQL? Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Using loadrunner to execute an Update on MS-SQL DB

Hello

LR can communicate with MSSQL DB in two different ways: “ODBC” protocol and “.NET” protocol with ADO.NET kind of script.
Regarding the performance criteria mentioned (50000 update/hour) – it is not possible to prove or disprove that it will happen – it depends on multiple parameters of software and hardware environment where such LR script could run.

Thanks, Dmitry

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.