Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

VUGEN 12.02 - TRUCLIENT IE - How to exclude the user typing duration in total transaction reponsetim

Jump to solution

Hi,

I dont want the user typing time to be include in the transaction response time.. How to exclude the typing type in truclinet IE..? for example after launching the url and i dont the username/password entry time to be calculated in total response time. In one transaction I need to include both url launch and login click and not the time period of user inputs fileds..

Regards,

James

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: VUGEN 12.02 - TRUCLIENT IE - How to exclude the user typing duration in total transaction repons

Jump to solution

Hi,

It cannot be excluded from transaction response time

You can change the typing interval from the default value (350 ms) to a lower value (e.g. 10 ms). You can change it either from Run Time Settings > Replay tab globally for all steps or from the step arguments section for a specific step

Regards,

Shlomi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: VUGEN 12.02 - TRUCLIENT IE - How to exclude the user typing duration in total transaction repons

Jump to solution

Hi,

It cannot be excluded from transaction response time

You can change the typing interval from the default value (350 ms) to a lower value (e.g. 10 ms). You can change it either from Run Time Settings > Replay tab globally for all steps or from the step arguments section for a specific step

Regards,

Shlomi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thank you.. it would be good if there is a functionality to excude this time completely. we use Vugen scripts with HP BSM where each milli second is crucial for customer to meet the application SLAs.

Regards,

James

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

We will consider it. 

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Sorry if I missed the point of your question, but I put transactions around the items we want to measure, the user will complete the form then click the submit button. I don't really care about how long the user takes to type the details in. I put the transaction on the submit button.

If your Business requirements want to specify how long it should take for a user to type then you have a requirement to test against and can calculate the typing interval.

I have an overall transaction that i put at the start and end of where my iteration repeats, but that's only to count the number of iterations I'm getting, though can use it to see a trend from previous runs.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

we consider the complete script under one transaction thats where the problem.. if i need to exclude something in middle it wont be possible..

Regards,

James

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.. Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Jump to solution

Dear James,

We can exclude typing duration using this method.

1. Select Action as Evaluate Javascript instead of Typing.

2. In the arguments use the code : object.value=TC.getParam("username")

So overall feel will be inserted instead of typing.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.