Highlighted
Established Member.. PGribben1152
Established Member..

VUGEN script in PC does not proceed beyond VUser Initialize and fails to RUN

Jump to solution

I have a problem of getting Some VUGEN scripts from a recent scripting task to RUN in ALM Performance Center having worked perfectly well in VUGEN. 

I have 10 scripts that work in VUGEN - 50% Fail to Run in PC

When transferred to ALM Performance Center. Some of these scripts function and some do not make it to the Run Stage. The VUsers initialize but they TimeOut because they have not progressed to run the script.

I increased the delay for time out to 3 minutes and this had no impact.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Paul G

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Shlomi Nissim Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: VUGEN script in PC does not proceed beyond VUser Initialize and fails to RUN

Jump to solution

Hi Paul,

If it works it is a miracle. Please re-create 12.53 in 12.50 as it is not supported and you will run into issues for sure.

LoadRunner/Performance Center support backward compatibility and not forward compatibility. Meaning version x will be supported in version x+y but not vice versa.

Regards,

Shlomi

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: VUGEN script in PC does not proceed beyond VUser Initialize and fails to RUN

Jump to solution

Hi,

Which version of Perfromance Center do you use?

I saw in other post that you are using TruClient. Is this post relevant to TruClient scripts or another protocol?

If TruClient, which browser?

Did you ensure proxy settings are properly updated for the Load Generator machine?

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Established Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Shlomi,

My scripts are created in VUGEN 12.53 Build 1203.

The Scripts are TruClient Web - using Chromium protocol for design

The ALM - PC version is 12.50

The Load Generators have settings for TruClient Protocol - I think this is referred to as "Agent As Process"

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Paul G1152

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Paul,

LoadRunner & Performance Center do not support forward compatibility (like any software product in the world :-))

Please create the scripts in VuGen 12.50 and try again.

Should you be interested in upgrading Performance Center deployment to 12.53, contact me in private and I will help you promoting it.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Established Member..

Jump to solution

50% of the scripts made in VUGEN 12:53 do function in ALM PC 12:50

The 50% that failed today infact functioned OK Yesterday in PC.

I modified these 5-% scripts yesterday in VUGEN and uploaded to PC - It is these updated Files that are failing in PC but continue to function in VUGEN.

Paul G 1152

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Paul,

If it works it is a miracle. Please re-create 12.53 in 12.50 as it is not supported and you will run into issues for sure.

LoadRunner/Performance Center support backward compatibility and not forward compatibility. Meaning version x will be supported in version x+y but not vice versa.

Regards,

Shlomi

View solution in original post

Established Member..

Jump to solution

Thanks Shlomi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.