john sidney Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

VUGen 12.5 contantly errors and now doesn't work

Hi all,

I have recently installed LoadRunner 12.5 (build 1096) on WIndows7.  Not sure if it's the 32 or 64bit.  I don't recall being asked so I suppose it just automatically detected.

When I launch VUGen; record; run an existing script, I get the following error:

System.Object CoCreateInstance(System.Guid ByRef, System.Object, Int32, System.Guid ByRef)

Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))

Any ideas how to fix it?  The solutions I found were for v11x and didn't seem to apply to v12.5.

Many thanks,

John

0 Likes
1 Reply
Edo Nir Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: VUGen 12.5 contantly errors and now doesn't work

Hi John,

It may be a file corruption during installation. Have you tried re-installing LoadRunner?

Can you provide more information:

• What protocols are you using in the script?
  • Do other error occur?
  • Does the error show in a pop-up, or in the log? 

If possible, share a screenshot of the error and the application log.

Edo

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.