Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

VUGen-RTE Protocol-TE_Connect Question

I recorded a TE session using VUGen RTE Protocol. The issue is as follows:
While running the script opens the Power Term window and will not connect. Once I press enter, the script starts running fine. Is there a way for the script to strt running without me pressing 'Enter' on the power term window. Attached is the script and Application screenshots.
I tried placing TE_type("");
after the TE_Connect statement. It did not help. Any help is appreciated.

P.S. This thread has been moved from LoadRunner / Performance Center / StormRunner Load to LoadRunner Support Forum. - Hp Forum moderator

0 Likes
31 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

I am trying to use the RTE protocol to connect to Linux server,I am able to capture the username and unable to capture the password of Linux server.Please refer below script

vuser_init()
{

/* *** The terminal type is LINUX. */
    TE_connect(
        "comm-type = telnet;"
        "host-name = sdf.org;" 
        "telnet-port = 22;"
        "terminal-id = sdf;"
        "set-window-size = true;"
        "security-type = ssh;"
        "ssh-type = ssh2;"
        "ssh-show-info = true;"
        "ssh-show-login-dialog = true;"
        "ssh-cipher = 3DES;"
        "ssh-enable-compression = false;"
        "ssh-enable-x11 = false;"
        "ssh-attempt-tis = false;"
        "ssh-allow-agent = false;"
        "ssh-keyboard-interactive = true;"
        "ssh-key-file = ;"
        "ssh-username = sumi;"    // Want to capture the Password also
        "terminal-type = linux;"
        "terminal-model = vt100;"
        "login-command-file = ;"
        "terminal-setup-file = ;"
        , 60000);

}

Coould anyone help me on this.your reply is Highly appreciated

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi I am also facing the same issue as here could you please post your solution.

thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Addi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi All,

TE_type("") function with emty argument will not help in this case, because it will send nothing to terminal.

If you want to send "Enter", you'll need to add- TE_type("<kEnter>"); .

Also I would suggest try to record with different automatic synchronization commands in "Recording options".

Reagrds,

Mikhail

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

you are not able to enter  TE_type("<kEnter>");  within the TE_Connect statement.  The issue seems to be whilst executing the TE_Connect it hangs until you manually press any key, then the TE_Connect gets executed successfully else it just hangs until timeout.

Addi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Hello, 

The issue seems to be related to the Powerterm emulator that comes bundled with LoadRunner. To fix it you must upgrade the Powerterm emulator version. 

Please check the following articles for further details:

Recording of RTE protocol script hangs before the login screen
Error in RTE protocol replay: TE_connect failed after 1 tries. Giving up.

Regards,
Hristo

Highlighted
Contributor.. Contributor..
Contributor..

I have similar problem. Record works fine but on Replay the script stops at TE_connect and requests my ACF2 login (security for mainframe) credentials. It seems it is completely bypassing the process whereby we access to the mainframe using a Reflections macro. The Reflections macro works fine in other computers and earlier versions of Vugen on another machine work fine as well.  

This has been going on for some time with our main processor and we need it fixed. I installed the .dll's recommended by an earlier post and no change at all. When I run it step by step (F10) when queried by ACF2 I hit the enter key and the script continues to run. Go figure.

I will continue to seek some answers here.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor..

We are having the same issue (we have a case open, but no resolution at this time), Did anyone find a resolution? During replay, we have to manually press the Enter key on the keyboard for it to replay, otherwise, it times out. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor..

To resolve this issue, we had to apply the patch from this article: https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/doc/KM02719917

And Microfocus support provided an updated rte_replay.dll file. 

With the files from the patch and the new rte_replay.dll file, we're now able to replay scripts without any manual key intervention.

For reference, our service request ID is SD02557355.

-Perm

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.