Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

VUGen record script isn’t getting generated in loadrunner 12.55 trial version for .NET application

Hi,

i have downloaded LoadRunner version 12.55. I started to record using .NET protocol. During recording, i can see the events getting added (a little over 50k), but when I stop recording, VUGen starts generating Scripts and I get an exception after 1 hour or so. When I click OK button in the exception window, I get other similar exception windows and the script is not saved.

Exception during VUGen script generatationException during VUGen script generatation

There is enough free RAM memory and the hard disk space available in the system.

i have attached screenshot and the VUGen log file.

Protocol - .NET

LR version - 12.55

I have tried this several times and I get an exception every time.

I have also tried other Protocols like win socket but that does not record the events that I need.

I also see another topic that has correlation issue, but that appears to be related to different software module and version (Design Studio for correlations in LR 11.52) and the patch provided in the last post in that topic is not accessible (It says “You don't have permission” ),

So I think this is a different issue.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: VUGen record script isn’t getting generated in loadrunner 12.55 trial version for .NET applicati

You saying recording event more than 50k, that might be consuimng lot of resource. What mode of recording are you using? Try switiching the recording mode and try again. And when u record, make sure not othe app is running which might consume resource. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: VUGen record script isn’t getting generated in loadrunner 12.55 trial version for .NET applicati

Hi snps,

It does not seem to consume a lot of resources. But it is in not responding state. It is using a little over 3GB of RAM. Probably VuGen(32bit) is set by default to not consume or not able to consume more than 3GB of memory but i did not find that configuration file. The Application being tested is using 1.3GB of RAM and is way less than i have seen it consuming(6GB at max) without any problem. The system memory usage at this point is 41% which is not an issue.VuGen resouce usageVuGen resouce usage

I am using "Windows Application" in Recording mode with default settings

The only other option i see in Recording mode is Web Browser, which is not applicable.  

And the only recording option i use is "Modify .NET "AnyCPU' type executable files before recording", without which i am not able to record.

So I am not able to understand what you mean by switching Recording mode. Is there anything else that i should be trying?

Thanks,

Anuroj

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi 

Indeed VuGen is 32 bit and can't consume more than 3 GB memory . 

Sometimes the recording add events that not affect the server and should not be part of the load test like :

• GUI operations
  • Client internal calls

In this case you should try the following :

Try to generate script by recording 10K – 20K events ?

See the object / method calls , maybe you should excluding some of them from  .Net Recording filter  dialog . (Ctrl+Alt+F)

After excluding some object , try to record a new script with more events .

You can read more here :

https://admhelp.microfocus.com/lr/en/12.56-12.57/help/WebHelp/Content/VuGen/140500_c_guidleines_for_dotnet_filters.htm

Oren

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi Oren,

Thanks for your insights,

I defined a custom filter with only ADO.NET filter selected.

Within ADO.NET I then included only commandset from the right pane,

However, there was no noticeable decrease in the no. of events. At around 20k events i stopped recording, and it saved the script. At this point the memory usage by Vugen was 2.9 GB so i guess Vugen cannot record over 20k events.

Memory usage by Vugen at 20k events script generationMemory usage by Vugen at 20k events script generation

When i look at script, i can see all events being recorded, not just the sql queries that i wanted. So i guess the filter does not work. 

I have tried this with filter save and then reopening project and re-recording, however the filter does not seem to work.

Filter not workingFilter not working

Do you see any reason why the filter was not working!

Thanks,

Anuroj

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.