Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Validate MS Excel data in VuGen 12.02

Hi All,

How to validate Excel data in VuGen while recording?

Regards,
hp4u
0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Validate MS Excel data in VuGen 12.02

Could you elaborate? Please describe in detail the process you're trying to perform.

Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Thanks for reply,while recording vugen script,in one of the step we need to open excel sheet and need to verfiy data in the sheet.

Regards,
hp4u
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I’m still not quite sure that I understand your business process. If you download the contents of an Excel sheet and display it in the browser, then the content can be validated as part of text | binary buffer without rendering it as “exel sheet”.

Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Sorry about that.

Here is my business process

1. Login into application

2.Click on Home tab

3.Click on User_Report.xls

4.Dialog box will Open and Click OK to open Excel file

5.Validate Excel file has specific data

Regards,
hp4u
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

It looks like you will have to write your own script code, which accesses the Excel worksheet and fetches the data from there, or else use some 3rd party library that does it. LoadRunner doesn't have built-in Excel reading capabilities, unless you want use the Database API functions for that purpose (which is somewhat tricky).

Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

LoadRunner will not support validating Excel data. You can write macros to validate. 

Thank you,
NaveenKumar Namachivayam | www.QAInsights.com
Learn TruWeb - my Udemy Course "Performance Testing using TruWeb" | https://www.udemy.com/performance-testing-using-truweb/?couponCode=YOUTUBE
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

You can validate this by writing Sql Query as Microsoft office use  MSQUERY Technology , Then use ODBC virtual user to run this query .

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Use-Microsoft-Query-to-retrieve-external-data-42a2ea18-44d9-40b3-9c38-4c62f252da2e

Best & Regards

Mohammed Hamed

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.