Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Visual Studio Integration with Load Runner, don't see the project template type for Load Runner

Hi,

I'm following https://admhelp.microfocus.com/lr/en/12.55/help/WebHelp/Content/VuGen/164950_t_how_to_create_vuer_script_visual_basic_CSharp.htm.  I've done step 1 and in step 2 I don't see the LoadRunner installed template.  How come I don't see it? 

I tried closing Visual Studio 2015 Professional and opening it again.  Still don't see it.  

Thanks

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: Visual Studio Integration with Load Runner, don't see the project template type for Load Runner

Try restarting your computer where its installed.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Re: Visual Studio Integration with Load Runner, don't see the project template type for Load Runner

Could you please check “Tools”->“Extension and Updates" in Visual Studio , see if there is "LoadRunner VS.net Visual User Extension" installed?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

I'm able to see it in the "Extensions and Updates" tab.  Any thoughts on why it doesn't appear though in the project templates?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Re: Visual Studio Integration with Load Runner, don't see the project template t

Could you also check C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC#\CSharpProjects, see if there are 3 files in this folder: Lr.vsdir, LrVuserClassLibrary.ico, LrVuserClassLibrary.vsz

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Visual Studio Integration with Load Runner, don't see the project template t

Hi,

I checked  C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC#\CSharpProjects and it is empty.  Does this look like I'm missing something?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Yes, Looks like installation not complete, maybe try re-install it with administrator role?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.