Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Visual Studio, Team Foundation Build, and LoadRunner

Forgive my ignorance here, but I'm having trouble understanding how the integration works between these Microsoft tools and LoadRunner.

If I understand the LoadRunner 12.53 documentation correctly, there is no way to record a script in VuGen with the Visual Studio plugin, correct? It talks about recording the script for Eclipse, but for Visual studio it's all hand coding? What I don't understand though is what a .net Visual Studio VuGen script looks like. Is it an API level script like http protocol or more like a TruClient script on browser objects? 

For continuous integration, do you have to use the Visual Studio VuGen plugin, or can you use a regular VuGen script the same way you can with Jenkins?

Google and these forums don't seem to be able to tell me, so I think I'm asking the wrong questions. If someone can point me in the right direction I would be grateful. 🙂

-John

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Re: Visual Studio, Team Foundation Build, and LoadRunner

You're right. There's no way to record a Visual Studio Vugen script. It's an API level script that is written manually so you have to be familiar with those APIs. You can also integrate this script with NUnit to design test script and run the vuser in Visual Studio. 

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.