Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

VuGen 12.53 - Continuing after Error -27774: SSL protocol error when attempting to connect with host

Hi Team,

We have recently moved  virtual user Genrator V 9.5 to V 12.53 as VuGen V 9.5 does not support TLS 1.2 Protocol.

now, I  have installed VuGen V 12.53 and copied existing V 9.5 script in V 12.53 but when i am running existing script (which i copied in V 12.53) , i am still seeing error (Continuing after Error -27774: SSL protocol error when attempting to connect with host ) when script is trying to connect url (which supports only TLS1.2 Protocol ).

I tired adding Web socket option in vuser.init but it is still failing with same error.

Error -27774: SSL protocol error when attempting to connect with host.

Can someone please advise on how to fix this issue.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: VuGen 12.53 - Continuing after Error -27774: SSL protocol error when attempting to connect with

Hi,

You can add an entry to port mapping settings (Recording Options->Network->Mapping and Filtering). For the hostname that you have issues with add it there and select Connection Type to SSL, SSL version to TLS1.2 . 

If you want to do it in script you can add the following step before making http requests :

web_set_sockets_option("SSL_VERSION","TLS1.2");

Be aware that all the http requests after this step will be using TLS1.2

Best regards,

Marcel

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.