Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

VuGen 12.53 - Truclient IE script recording throws misleading error

I have installed VuGen 12.53 ona  windows 7 (32-bit) machine. This machine has IE 11 installed.

Launched VuGen and started creating a new script using Truclient IE.

As soon as i hit the develop script button i get "The Truclient IE browser could not be launched. Veri fy that Internet Explorer 9.10.11 is installed on your machine".

See attached screen shot for more details.

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: VuGen 12.53 - Truclient IE script recording throws misleading error

Hi,

Most likely related to Windows UAC (User Access Control). You need to either run VuGen as administrator or configure the logged on to have permissions on the registry keys mentioned in the message.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi,

i had the same problem and tried the following solutions:

- Please make sure the user under which TruClient IE process runs has read acess from 
  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer
  - in registry editor add read permission for "<COMPUTERNAME>\Users" or "<Domain>\Domain Users"

- Run LR "as administrator" to develop script.

Changing the registry did not work, but running vUGen as Administrator solves the problem.

Regards, Christoph

Highlighted
Contributor.. Contributor..
Contributor..

IE browser is not launching when i open VUGEN as Admin

Please help me on this

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi rajapachamuthu,

Did you make sure the logged on user has write permissions on the registry keys mentioned in the error message?

It is Windows account privilege issue.

BTW: you can try using TruClient Standalone as a workaround, just make sure other components (VuGen, & Load Generators) have the same version and patch level

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi Guys, Please start your VuGen with "Run as Administrator". It worked for me and now it is not showing the error message for IE Compatibility.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.. Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

Not sure why HP can't fix this. In older versions, you had to run as Administor the first time you did an install. Running as adminstrator created the registry keys needed and never had to log in again as administrator. This was never documented any where that I know of. With the 5.3 version, the running as Admin once is not true. You still get the error. For security reason, running as administrator is never a good thing.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.