Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

VuGen 12.53 -- the Data Wizard is gone??

A while ago, I used to use the Data Wizard to dynamically create values for input parameters.  In 12.53, there no longer a Data Wizard - is there a replacement?

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: VuGen 12.53 -- the Data Wizard is gone??

Hi bpatrey,

The Data Wizard was indeed removed in VuGen 12.53.

A new Import Parameter feature was added in this version, allowing to import parameter values from a CSV or a text file.

You can use this feature to obtain values from practically any data source, by exporting the source data into a file and then importing it into VuGen.

See usage instructions: http://lrhelp.saas.hpe.com/en/latest/help/WebHelp/Content/VuGen/Importing_Parameters.htm.

Edo

Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi ,

the document you refer to states: "VuGen enables you to import parameter values from an ASCII file." (It continous to explain the steps.)

You got my hopes up when you talked about "obtain values from practically any data source" as I started to think about Jmxtrans (see, e.g., http://www.slideshare.net/jonscottstevens/jmxtrans-presentation) or runinng database queries (e.g., sql commands) to easily feed load tests either just before or, even better, DURING load tests with parameter values. Actually, THAT sounded too good to be true ... 😉

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi e-DOUGH, thank you for the pointers. Yes, I probably will go in the direction of VTS (but I haven't found any good information on the load impact of VTS. I don't want to have my load test equipment to be the reason for some bottle neck. Well, as usual, I'll have to monitor the test equipment too, during load test.)

The URL you posted doesn't work - are you sure it is for public use?

404 Not Found

• Code: NoSuchKey
  • Key: en/latest/help/WebHelp/Content/VuGen/155050_c_WS_mgmt_use_retrieved_data.htm).
  • RequestId: 108F0251542398B4
  • HostId: (base 64 coded binary data)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

>

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.