Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

VuGen 12.53 web application recording https

Jump to solution

All,

I have a situation where I need to record the internal web application HTTPS.

This internal web application is in network enclave where it does not have any internet connectivity.

How can I record such a case?

Can someone proivde some guidance where I can start looking?

Thanks,

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

So far, it looks like URL-based script seems to work but is this the only option that I have?

What you need to use as recording protocol depends on the application. URL needs more labour, but is also the most flexible. Analyze the data a just make a few recordings with a simple scenario and try to parameterize your script. Choose the one that fits with your (your companies) experience and that is the most productive.

Signature:
Reward community members who take time to respond and help.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

To make a recording (and execute a load test) you need network connection.

You might get access to the network enclave via a 'bastion' (RDP, Citrix, or alike). You might get assigned a server on that network enclave were you can run Virtual User Generator (and access it via bastion). In that case you can still use HTTPS recording.

In case you can only access a bastion via RDP or Citrix, try to use those protocols.

You cannot do the impossible...

Signature:
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Thanks Remmelzwaal,

Here is what I experienced so far.

I have a workstation in secured network enclave which does not have any internet connectivity.

I was able to record the internal web application via HTTP protocol but I had to change to URL-based script.  (FYI, VuGen is installed on this workstation in the network enclave)

This network enclave is secured and there is no way to get access via bastion or anythng like that, and all of web applications reside in this secured enclave.

So far, it looks like URL-based script seems to work but is this the only option that I have?

Thanks,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

What you need to use as recording protocol depends on the application. URL needs more labour, but is also the most flexible. Analyze the data a just make a few recordings with a simple scenario and try to parameterize your script. Choose the one that fits with your (your companies) experience and that is the most productive.

Signature:

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.