Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

VuGen 64 Bit Application Support

Hi Ladys and Gents, 

i am wondering if it is possible to record a 64 bit Application with VuGen 12 ? 
I am quite sure that i already know the answer is no, but maybe i am just getting something wrong. 

Thank you for your help.

Much regards, 
Jens Meer

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: VuGen 64 Bit Application Support

Hi Jens Meer,

Recording 64-bit application is added to LoadRunner from version 11.52 and continue improving in the next release 12x. For better support this feature, please consider to use the latest version 12.53.

Please refer the below links - readme document of LoadRunner versions about 64-bit recording:

https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM00414826

https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM01757192

http://lrhelp.saas.hpe.com/en/12.53/dat/Readme.htm

Regards,

Chau Nguyen | SW Technical Support Consultant.
LoadRunner and Performance Center

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Thanks for your fast reply.

We want to record a 64 bit .Net WCF Application which is installed via ClickOnce. This seems not possible to me.
I have searched in the documents provided by you and didn´t find anything about .Net.

Is this feature planned in any further version ?

Thank you in advance.

Jens

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Hi,

For .Net protocol, LoadRunner does not support 64-bit application. The improvement of 64-bit recording is only for some protocols. For now, we only support 32-bit .Net application. It states in this KM00648656

I do not see any plan to support it in the next release. If you want, you can open an enhancement request for this feature.

Regards,

Chau Nguyen | SW Technical Support Consultant.
LoadRunner and Performance Center

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.