Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

VuGen/LR 12.50: Issues With Citrix/HTTP Multi-Protocol Script

Jump to solution

Greetings, experts!

I am attempting to record synthetic transaction use cases for Citrix 6.5.

I am using multi-protocol mode, using Citrix ICA and HTTP.

Only Chrome launches in 64-bit mode and I get a Diffie-Helmen error about the SSL certificate of the site.

I'm applying a fix for this, provided by support, but do not know the result yet.

UPDATE: The result is that I get the same "SSL Certificate Revoked" error in Chrome.

The issue is that the Citrix customer wants IE 11 to be used, and VuGen launches Firefox and Internet Explorer in 32 bit mode, so the browers never launch.

FYI, using just the Citrix ICA protocol alone, using login and the ICA file gives me these errors:

1. The Citrix XenServer is not accepting connections at this time.

2. I receive Citrix XenServer Error 1110, using just the ICA file.

Now, if I launch all of these browsers outside of VuGen, I don't get any certificate errors, and all 3 log in no problem, download the ICA file and launch the Citrix application.

Any ideas as to how to fix or work around this?

Thanks,

~ Mike

Best Regards,

~ Michael Stollaire
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Well, everyone can stand down. I have the solution. The machine where VuGen and BPM was running had all of the appropriate EXEs white listed in Symantec Endpoint Protection; however, SEP is always running in the background as a service, and still decided that VuGen was malware or something like that, and blocked it. It might also have to do with the fact that VuGen launches browsers like IE, Firefox and Chrome as subprocesses under VuGen, only seen in Process Explorer. There are specific VuGen registry entries that have to be changed, but after all of this configuration, the problem is solved. 🙂

Best Regards,

~ Michael Stollaire

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Mike,

please review the online help related to Citrix protocol.

http://lrhelp.saas.hp.com/en/latest/help/WebHelp/Content/VuGen/127500_toc_citrix.htm

Best regards,

Mikhail

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Thanks for the idea, but I've read and re-read this stuff around 10 times now. The issue still exists.

• Launching a normal browser hits the Citrix HTTPS site, no problem, and I can log in, launch apps, etc. no problem.
  • Inside VuGen, it launches the browser, goes to the exact same website, and proceeds to get an SSL Certificate Revoked error message.

This is what needs to be solved. I need a real solution, not a RTM (Read the Manual) solution. 😉

Best Regards,

~ Michael Stollaire
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi!

Could you please attached screenshots and and extended logs.

Best regards,

Mikhail

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Well, everyone can stand down. I have the solution. The machine where VuGen and BPM was running had all of the appropriate EXEs white listed in Symantec Endpoint Protection; however, SEP is always running in the background as a service, and still decided that VuGen was malware or something like that, and blocked it. It might also have to do with the fact that VuGen launches browsers like IE, Firefox and Chrome as subprocesses under VuGen, only seen in Process Explorer. There are specific VuGen registry entries that have to be changed, but after all of this configuration, the problem is solved. 🙂

Best Regards,

~ Michael Stollaire

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Hi,

I am having similar kind of problem.

I  successfully recorder multi protocol scripting with Citrix and web HTTP.  I observed web_add_auto_header statements with token ID stored. How to correlate this?

If I replay the script , observing Error - 26628 HTTP Status code 403 (Forbidden) for the url

How to proceed further.  Please help me to solve this ASAP

Best Regards,

KHB

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

I am having same issue.How did you fix it?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.