Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

VuGen Parameter file

Hi,

I need some help to use VuGen parameter file.

When I use parameter table stored in "Parameter.dat", how can i get the value of a column?

My parameter file  "Parameter.dat" is like this:

Id,Name

1,Claudia

2,Simona

3,Francesco

How can I get column "Name" value?

I can use "id = lr_eval_string( "{Parameter}" );" to return the first element of the row.

How do I get value from column "Name"?

Thanks

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

your parameter file Parameter.dat has 2 columns, Id and Name.

In your parameter list will have separate parameter name for each column (i.e. Id and Name) 

From what you wrote in ur example:

"I can use "id = lr_eval_string( "{Parameter}" );" to return the first element of the row."

Your Id column parameter name is Parameter so it will only return the value in "Id" column

to get the value of 2nd column "Name", just use the parameter name of that column(whatever you have given, you can find it from the parameter list)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi, is there anybody meet this problem? I got same issue, and don't know how to read one via script? is there anybody know how to write it? really appreciated if you can share anything!!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.