Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

VuGen Recording RDP VMWare Session

Has anyone used the Microsoft Remote Desktop protocol (RDP) to record and playback a remote session on a VMWare virtual server? I can record a session OK but the playback responds with "Error: Requested desktop size of 1024 x 768, but received desktop size of 18 x 13878" and aborts. I can't seem to get around this issue.
Arnie

P.S. This thread has been moved from Performance Center Support and News Forum to LoadRunner Support Forum. - Hp Forum Moderator

Tags (1)
0 Likes
9 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Double check for screen resolutions,seems like its changing while you replay.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Kirandbadi1991,
Thanks for the input but I am at a complete loss for what you are saying. Can you please be more specific? Have you actually ever recorded an RDP script involving VMWare?
Thanks,
Arnie
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sorry for not being able to give you any hints, but ...

Additional questions:
1. what version of RDP is being used or which version of Windows are you recording?
2. is RDP 6 (Vista) now supported by LR/PC 9.5?

Regards, Marc
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Marc,
We're running LR v9.10 w/patch P026 on a Windows Server 2003/SP2 system. I believe that is RDP 5.2. I don't know about Vista RDP.
Arnie
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

See the attachment, there is screen resolution field, its changing in your case.Maybe a setting a VM is implementing this change in order to save GDI resources.Talk to your server admin and tell them you are facing this problem.They will surely help you out.

Yes I have experiences with VMWARE and RDP,CITRIX.
rdp and citrix work almost similar.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi All,

I am not sure whether this thread has been closed or not. I am trying to record a script, after connecting to VMWare, but it doesn't generate any script, after i record. I am using VuGen 9.52 with IE 8 patch installed and my OS is Win 7. Can any one please help me in solving the issue. Appreciate your response in this regard. Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards

Srikant S

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi All,

Am working in RDP protocol in the VMware client. 

Please post to your quries if any and i glad to assist you on this.

We can able to do the scripting for the Vmware client using the load runner RDP protocol however there are some pre-requsite techniques needs to be followed before you kick off this patten.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Hi,

I am working on RDP and Citrix protocols...But I am facing lot of isssues while recording and replay.I am using LR11.04 and RDP version 7.Please share documents about recording and replay issues as well as prerequisites,if you have .My mail id ramachandra2k9@gmail.com.

Appriciate your response  on this regard and Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Venkat

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.