Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

VuGen issues recording a Multi web / citrix storefront session

I will summarise the problem as i see it here;
Problem 1: Upon recording via mixed protocol I'm getting asked by the server to install the latest Citrix Receiver application (which is already on my machine). This causes me to click on the link for Login page anyway. After that my desktop session starts and I can record against it. Recording saves and looks good.

*Note: when I launch the web page by hand it doesn't kick up this web page, it goes straight to Login page.

Problem 2: Playback of recording. Upon playback I'm getting an error about the page asking me to download the latest Receiver. I get a 403 HTTP Status code (I know, access forbidden but why). It doesn't seem to understand the click on the link to the Login page.

My questions are first, what is causing the Receiver download page to pop up. I launch IE 11 to the page for the Citrix Login via the Recording engine in VuGen so I would assume this is fine. Second, upon playback why isn't LR handling the page right and causing the 403 forbidden error code?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: VuGen issues recording a Multi web / citrix storefront session

Hi Muzzer,

can you please post your question in the LR / VuGen Forum
 Products -> LoadRunner / Performance Center / StormRunner Load (7)

This forum is more BSM / BPM / SiteScope related, and less LoadRunner / VuGen.

Greetings
Siggi

Customer Support
Micro Focus

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: VuGen issues recording a Multi web / citrix storefront session

Hi,

1. To check the presence of Citrix Receiver on your machine, StoreFront detects if Citrix Add-on is loaded into browser process.  On other hand, Citrix AddOn must be disabled to make possible recording Citrix+Web script (either via  Settings->Add-ons or Security->Disable ActiveX controls). Thus, wfica.ocx is absent in iexplore.exe and that is why you are prompted to install Citrix Receiver.

2. Error 403 on replay may occur if Csrf-Token value is not correlated. Take a look at this post - /t5/LoadRunner-Practitioners-Forum/CAn-I-extract-a-token-from-a-web-add-auto-header-command/m-p/6920878#M19008 .

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.