Highlighted
New Member.

Vugen 12.53 - RMI Java Record Reply - Events Logged but Code Generation scripting partial code

Hi all, i'm at a completely lost here. I've been struggling with getting VUGEN 12.53 to generate a script for my event log, but have tapped out on all angles i could think of - I'm hoping the community will be able to provide some insight.

I have a Java RMI based application (java 😎 and have been looking to load test it using load runner. There are a ton of requests and working within short time frame, so the Java Record Replay solution was very appealing. 

I'm able to successfully record the Logon and Landing Screen load using the default RMI and JDNI hooks - captured ~190 events (don't ask). The Recorded Events log looks healthy - (there were times when the JSON was malformed and i had to fix it) but code generation only generates the following:

- RMI Setup
- Retrieval of the RMI Session
- First RMI Call (logon).

All the subsequent events are ignored. Even when i start manipulating the Recorded Events log and regenerating the script, vugen refuses to generate anything other than those three scripts. 

Not sure if its of any value, but I have logging on debug mode and I see this: INFO  com.hpe.lr.java2.codegen.RmiProcessor.processPrologEpilogPair() @-1 - can not parse return value

Any help would be greatly appreciated.. thanks!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.