Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Vugen 12.5x truclient "alternative steps"

Jump to solution

Hello community,

A couple of questions about the truclient functionality that I am not quite clear.

I've developed the script with the truclient protocol in Vugen 12.5x

However, I've noticed some odd behaviors that made me little confused.

I've got 5 transactions in the developed script but 2 of them are alternative steps while 3 of them are not.

I did not do anything any different while recording all those 5 transactions, but 2 of them are showing as alternative steps while 3 of them are not. I've read the manual for alternative steps but quite frankly I am not sure what's the good use and also why I am seeing this in my script in the first place.

Can someone please shed the light on this? also why there is discrepency in those 5 transactions such as 2 are alternative steps while 3 are not.

Thanks in advance,

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Vugen 12.5x truclient "alternative steps"

Jump to solution

Hi @yangnigon,

From TruClient help document, it's mentioned

Alternative steps are created by default when there are multiple ways to perform the same action in a step. To disable this option, clear the Create alternative steps when applicable setting in Interactive Options.

That means, by default, if there is more than one way to perform the same action in a step, alternative step will be created. In your case, 2 of the 5 steps have multiple ways to perform, while the other 3 have only one way to perform.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Vugen 12.5x truclient "alternative steps"

Jump to solution

Hi @yangnigon,

From TruClient help document, it's mentioned

Alternative steps are created by default when there are multiple ways to perform the same action in a step. To disable this option, clear the Create alternative steps when applicable setting in Interactive Options.

That means, by default, if there is more than one way to perform the same action in a step, alternative step will be created. In your case, 2 of the 5 steps have multiple ways to perform, while the other 3 have only one way to perform.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.