Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Vugen 12.62 - SSL Error

Hello

Im using Vugen 12.62 and trying to record a website with web - HTTP/HTML protocol. The site is using TLS 1.0 with 3DES 168 bit encryption. When I try to record this site the first error I get is :

[API Trapper ( 470: f18)] Recording in 32-bit mode: C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
[Net An. Error ( 470:1190)] Unable to load SSL proxy module: 'api_openssl_proxy.dll' From Location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Micro Focus\Virtual User Generator

Not sure why it can't load the SSL proxy module, IM running Vugen as an administrator. Later in the script I get the following error:

[Net An. Error (15a0:1094)] SSL_connect(ssl_id = 105437904 = 000000000648DAD0) Failed, ctx = 000000000648D6E0, err = "SSLv3/TLS write client hello", err code = 5, err msg = "error:00000005:lib(0):func(0):DH lib"

I guess the reason for this is that the proxy module is not loaded? Im using the correct mapping and filtering under recording options. Anyone here have any suggestion for what to do?

Regards

CHL

Tags (3)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.. Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

Re: Vugen 12.62 - SSL Error

Hey did you ever get this resolved? Seeing it now on some 12.63 installs.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Hello

I solved this by downgrading Vugen to 12.60 and BPM to 9.51.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor..

OK thanks. I ended up opening a support ticket and they sent me some new .DLLs which fixed the issue for me in 12.63.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Is there an official hotfix for this ? The same error occures on out VuGen installation 12.63. I wonder if you can share the dlls ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor..

Not sure if it is now, but wasn't at the time. I would open a support ticket. They got me the files almost instantly.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Yes - I already got them and it also instanctly solved my problem !
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.