Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Vugen Error (One or more files in the scripts folder is in use). unable to replay.

Hi all, I am getting below error in HP Vugen and unable to find the root cause.

"~One or more files in the scripts folder is in use, preventing script replay. Close the files and try to replay the script again~."

I tried deleting all the unnecessary files like  (Parameters , *.txt, *.log, *.idx, *.bak, result*, pre_cci.c, combined_*, *.c), but still getting error. First time vugen works fine, when i replay it on second time i am getting this below error.

My version is 12.53, build 1203.

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Vugen Error (One or more files in the scripts folder is in use). unable to replay.

Hi

You don't need to delete these file (even that most files you mention can be deleted 🙂 )

1) Please check that Explorer not open on replay script folder ( probably result1 )

2) please check that any files from result1 folder not open on external editor / browser

3) please check on Task Manager that there isn't any process of HP.Utt.StandaloneDebugger.exe

Oren

Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Vugen Error (One or more files in the scripts folder is in use). unable to replay.

Hi,

We are also facing the same issue, we checked there are no files opened as mentioned above and no HP.Utt.StandaloneDebugger.exe process on task manager.

We are facing this issue when we open the through Vugen directly from PC and try to edit and reply.

Thanks

Anil

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

Some of the files mentioned above are not supposued to be deleted (e.g. paramaters and *.c). Deleting them will end up in failure to run the script.

Which protocol are you using?

Can you try disconnecting from ALM before the replay?

Can you try Save As, save a local copy of the script, disconnect from ALM and try again?

Can you try finding out which process keeps the script folder busy? you can use Process Explorer to do that. See instructions in this Stackoverflow post

Thanks,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Re: Vugen Error (One or more files in the scripts folder is in use). unable to r

For me  closing this HP.Utt.StandaloneDebugger.exe Image solved this issue

Highlighted
New Member.

Re: Vugen Error (One or more files in the scripts folder is in use). unable to r

I am facing the same issue and I don't have HP.Utt.StandaloneDebugger.exe  in task manager.

Is there any fix known or workaround  for this issue.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

There exist some nice tools to help you with finding what is kept open or to show you which open fails. Download the toolssuite from www.sysinternals.com (is nowdays owned by Microsoft).

1 You can run the command line utility 'handle.exe' to show all opened files per process. Save the output and check for your LR script directory.

2 Run procmon.exe and define the filters such that you monitor the loadrunner processes or the script folder. Start your test and check which open of existing file is failing.

Success.

Signature:
Reward community members who take time to respond and help.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.