Highlighted
Visitor.

Vugen Error when recording from a site using HSTS (HTTP Strict Transport Security)

Hi fellow Load Testers,

I'm trying to record a script using LR VuGen 12.02 (Web HTTP/S protocol) from a site that is using HSTS (HTTP Strict Transport Security) but cannot record anything because the IE Browser reports a 'DLG_FLAGS_SEC_CERT_CN_INVALID' error at the start and I can't progress any further. It seems that this is happening because the site is using HSTS (HTTP Strict Transport Security):

Error reported by IE:

The hostname in the website’s security certificate differs from the website you are trying to visit.
Error Code: DLG_FLAGS_SEC_CERT_CN_INVALID

Because this site uses HTTP Strict Transport Security, you cannot continue to this site at this time.

I'm able to access the site successfully manually using IE so the error only happens when I try to record a script in VuGen which indicates that the problem only happens when the VuGen proxy is listening in between the IE client and the web server.

Have any of you come across this problem with HTST before? If so, can you tell me how you resolved it, please?

Many thanks and I look forward to your replies.

Regards

Lucozade

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Vugen Error when recording from a site using HSTS (HTTP Strict Transport Security)

Hi,

You need to check this link https://admhelp.microfocus.com/lr/en/12.60/help/WebHelp/Content/VuGen/tl_TroubleshootingRecording.htm#mt-item-11

HSTS recording is not supported if the site does not accept SSL2/3.

Try use TruClient protocol instead of Web protocol.

If fails, you can still use Citrix or Remote Desktop protocol so that IE is not altered in any way.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Re: Vugen Error when recording from a site using HSTS (HTTP Strict Transport Security)

Hi Marcel,

Thank you for your reply.

I did look at the troubleshooting and limitations page already and found this limitation with recording HSTS but just wanted to get some suggestions. Thank you for your confirming that HSTS is not supported. I'll try using TruClient protocol as you suggested and see if that works.

Thanks

lucozade71

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

I am having similar issue after moving to LR12.60.

Could you please let me know if you have found any workaround.

Also, i checked the 12.60 release notes, It is not mentioned explicitly that HSTS is not supported.

@lucozade71 @marcel_b

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.