Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Vugen Web Service Protocol - Vugen 12.60 converting a timestamp

Hi Everyone

It’s seems the most simplest of problems that should be easily resolvable.  The highlighted times below, are being converted by vugen into a different format and sent to the service.  The service doesn’t like the long format.Is there any simple way of ensuring that the format that is sent to the service is just the same as what I have input?   I’m using the Web Services protocol, the format of the field in the dtd is xs:time

** My VUGEN script ***

"<ScheduleInfo>"
                        "<ScheduleInfoType>"
                            "<originPort>DUB</originPort>"
                            "<destinationPort>SYD</destinationPort>"
                            "<departureTime>02:00:00</departureTime>"
                            "<arrivalTime>17:40:00</arrivalTime>"
                        "</ScheduleInfoType>"
                    "</ScheduleInfo>"

** What VUGEN is SENDING out **

<ScheduleInfo>
<originPort>DUB</originPort>
<destinationPort>SYD</destinationPort>
<departureTime>02:00:00.0000000+00:00</departureTime><arrivalTime>17:40:00.0000000+00:00</arrivalTime>
</ScheduleInfo>

Many Thanks

Claire

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Vugen Web Service Protocol - Vugen 12.60 converting a timestamp

Hi Claire, 

maybe my suggestion is too simple and you have already try it: go on the Parameters window, then create a new item and select "Parameter type" as "Date/Time"; you can choose the data format from the list below or modify some automatic suggestions. In your case, try to use %H:%M:%S, it must be correct. 

Tell me if this can help you, 

Lorenzo

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi Lorenzo

Thank you for replying. I've tried this method, and unfortunately the format here is again converted. away from the HHMMSS that I've specified.

Many Thanks

Claire

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Hi Claire, 

I have an idea: you can set three different parameter, like that

<Timestamp>{Param1}:{Param2}:{Param3}</Timestamp}

in which {Param1},{Param2} and {Param3} can be iterative or random numbers of two ciphres (from 00 to 24), created with Parameter window. In alternative, you can create a file.dat and handle it like a number parameter type. 

Let me know what do you think about that, 

Lorenzo

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi Lorenzo

Sadly, the formatting within the <time> tags seems to be irrelevant.  Whatever is there if it is a valid timestamp, will be converted by vugen.

The xs:time is not controlled by rules in our wsdl or xsd, and seems to be standard XSD schema formatting

https://www.w3schools.com/xml/schema_dtypes_date.asp

Many Thanks

Claire

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.