Highlighted
Visitor.

Vugen failing to record HTTPS traffic even though certificates installed.

I have been attempting to record a HTTPS url. Initially when I attempted to record the traffic, I was hit with this error:-

VuGen has detected that the application has encountered the following error:
The SSL Authentication Failed. Try adjusting the Port Mapping settings (Recording Options>Network>Mapping and Filtering)

I tried to do this various ways. 

1. I switched the auto detect off for SSL - THIS FAILED
2. I chose a specific encryption type that I know to be ours - TLS1.3, this failed.
3. I turned off the two options. This failed to pick up any traffic

Currently this is very frustrating and I do not know why this is failing. 

Can someone please help.

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Vugen failing to record HTTPS traffic even though certificates installed.

Hello

Are you able to do a Fiddler or Wireshark capture (in browser that is working) ? Than another one when you try to record in Vugen ?

What version do you use ? Are you able to give the logs ? 

Best regards

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Hi, 

I am facing the same issue ad i tried all the above options. Also, i tried switching the port mapping options, still they dont seem to work. Could some one please help to resolve this.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

You can do the following:

1. By default SSL version in auto SSL detection is set to SSL2/3, you need to change that to TLS1.0 (TLS1.1 or TLS1.2), this setting is applied to all SSL connections.

Your web server might have SSL2/3 disabled and only allow TLS1.0 as a minimum, you can check it with https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/ , or if the web server is in your network only you can use nmap to test all versions supported.

2. Do a Wireshark capture (navigate the website from browser) and check the server hello packet that will tell what version and cipher it is being used, in field ssl.handshake.version and ssl.handshake.ciphersuite. Then set that values in Port Mapping settings. For cipher you need to check openssl equivalent name, look at https://www.openssl.org/docs/man1.0.2/apps/ciphers.html

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

[Net An. Error (276c: d34)] SSL_connect(ssl_id = 153459992 = 00000000) Failed, ctx = 09259D18, err = "8œxSP% p% ", err code = 1400426320 [Net An. Error (276c: d34)] (Sid: 1) SSL handshake with remote server Failed!

Version :: 12.53 

its not able to record --> https://petstore.octoperf.com

Tried each recording options that have in LR and certificate installations in LR certs folder.

Can Someone suggest.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

I've no issue with generating a script based on HTML with Chrome and IE against your petstore example. With 'Enable auto SSL detection', 'SSL Version is 2/3' with 'Default OpenSSL Ciphers'.

I'm using LR 12.63

Signature:
Reward community members who take time to respond and help.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

I am using 12.53 . Do I need to use 12.63
0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi Mahesh,

According to me you can use same LR version 12.53
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.