Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.. Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Vugen script passed with incorrect credentials

Hello Guys,

Im facing a problem while replaying the HTTP vugen script in loadrunner.

Script is successfully passing with wrong credentials, in fact passing with out credentials.

Credentials are supplied while recording.

Pls advise on this.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Vugen script passed with incorrect credentials

i'm not sure i understand the problem. You have recorded a script in which you login to a webapplication. And after recording the script does replay fine with the login credentionals? Do you have a web_set_user in the script? Are you sure the script replays ok, can you check output and see that you are actually logged in the site?

Andre

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.. Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Hi Andrem,

PLs find my answers below.

And after recording the script does replay fine with the login credentionals? - Yes, but when i modify the credentials in the script it should fail instead the script is getting passed and i even tried to make the username and password field blank in the script still it is getting passed.

Do you have a web_set_user in the script? - No

Are you sure the script replays ok, can you check output and see that you are actually logged in the site? - How do i check from the output.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

There's an option in the replay with vugen by which you can see the output.

Tools / Options / Scripting / Replay - Show runtime viewer during runtime.

If you use that then during replay you must see a browser screen in which the replay occurs. Then you can check if you are logged in. Scripts pass when a HTTP 200 returns from the server. If you cannot login then you probably get an error screen from the application. This registers as an HTTP 200, because the error page is succesfully loaded.

Andre

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Runtime Settings->Log->Extended log -> check all items
   You will find more details from the output window

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Please enable advance trace in the runtime logs and see the response body in your reply log then you will see the actual status of the replay. Also it may happen then your script is just doing some basic read of static data and have not security / session control in place so may allow you to run it .
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.