Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Vusers are going to stopped status in Controller

Hi All,

I have a scenario where i am executing a single script for half an hour with 30 users and with ramp up and ramp down settings. When the test gets to the final minute the Vuser are going to gradually exiting status soon after all the users are going to stopped status .

When I checked the transaction details there are some stopped transaction but I don’t have any error reported. But I really don’t want this to happen in my scenario. I want all the vusers to gradually exit by completing the current iteration and then go to exit status , so this will make all my transactions are passed status.

I did change the settings in the controller in Tools > Options and instructing my scenario to do this

How the stop defined ? Was it stop immediate or stop on iteration completion ?

I checked the check box stop on iteration completion but still I am getting the same problem like the users are going to stopped status.

Can anyone help me overcome this issue. It will highly appreciable.

Kind Regards

Shankar N

0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Vusers are going to stopped status in Controller

I had this from one of the guide:

Stop behavior in the Controller

When you stop the running Vusers in the Controller, you can control the behavior you want. The "StopBehavior" available in the Controller's Tools -> Options -> Run-Time Settings:

1. Wait for the current iteration to end before exiting - Instructs LoadRunner to allow a Vuser to complete the iteration it is running before stopping. The Vusers move to the GRADUAL EXITING status and exit the scenario gradually.

2. Wait for the current action to end before exiting - Instructs LoadRunner to allow a Vuser to complete the Action it is running before stopping. The Vusers move to the GRADUAL EXITING status and exit the scenario gradually.

3. Stop immediately - Instructs LoadRunner to stop running the Vuser(s) immediately. The Vusersmove to EXITING status and exit the scenario immediately. If you select 1 or 2, you will noticed that during ramp down (scheduled through the Scheduler) or stop (manually click on "Stop"), the Vuserswill go into a gradual exit state where it completes the current iteration/Action accordingly.

If you select 3, you will noticed that during ramp down (scheduled through the Scheduler) or stop(manually click on "Stop"), the Vusers stop abruptly. This may cause problem on your application depending on how it is configured.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

patil,

Thanks for your response. I mentioned this in my question itself, i did this settings already but still facing the same problem

Regards

Shankar N

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

You might want to mention about your current environment..version of LR/patches etc so that someone can check if this is a known issue or for any fixes.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

I have experienced this behaviour myself. I don't believe those settings in the controller actually work becuase it seems like even if I tell the controller to "Wait for the current iteration to end before exiting" it still gives me "stopped" transactions. 

I just ignored the stopped transactions because they didn't matter for my test. You could change your test to stop after a certain number of iterations instead of an amount of time. But that may not be what you want. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Hi,

Even I am same kind of issue, Kindly do the needful asap.

Regards,

chitra

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Hi,

I am using LR 11 and SAPGUI 6.0 and controller 11.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

This is an old post. Thought I will reply just in case anyone still has this issue.

There is a Vuser Stop timeout in Controller->Tools. When we manually click on stop vuser, it should stop that user (after completing current iteration) in the defined seconds from "Stop timeout". If it is not able to then it throws an error "Failed To Stop. Reason Timeout" and the vuser status is shown as Error in the Vuser Summary graph.

There is no explanation in Controller guide for these fields. So this is just my understanding.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

If you encounter this situation when running from Performance Center (the first batch of vusers going to stopped status) you need to go to test options in the right upper corner and set "Start the Scheduler after a delay of : 00:00:10". In this case 10 seconds was used but can work with smaller values.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.