Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Wait as long as object is visible in AJAX Truclient

Hello

Is there any way in AJAX TruClient to wait as long as a particular object is visible on screen, and then move on to the next step? Please do keep in mind that I am not talking about wait for object, which will wait until an object is visible.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Wait as long as object is visible in AJAX Truclient

I haven't tried this, but can you use If Exists in the toolbox and setup a loop, keep looping while the object exists?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi akshay2,

I understand you want to make the next step start to execute as long as the previous step's specifc object available, I suggest you to workaround this by changing the step's end event and combine use "Wait for object" step.

e.g.

step 1 is "Navigate to 'Google.com'", you can change this step's end event to "Action completed", this will make the step end immediately after the action is done, it will not wait the web page's document to load.

step2 is "Wait for Google search button", you can add wait for object step from the toolbox, this step will wait for the specifed object to show.

above two steps can make sure the "Google search button" is shown and meanwhile do not require other web elements to load.

-Penn

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I will try your solution and post the result. Thanks for the response.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi,

There are different ways to configure the "End Event" of a step. Some of them described in the following KB article

https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM1151103

If I understand your description correctly I think you should use the following option "DOM Content Loaded "

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.. Regular Contributor..
Regular Contributor..

This is duplicate of the question asked at : https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/LoadRunner-User-Discussions/Load-runner-Ajax-Tru-Client-Wait-for-object-not-found/m-p/1673130#M29170 

Can be done by combining IF . . . EXISTS with a wait step: 

IFExists.png

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.