Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Web HTTP/HTML: doubt on navigation and correlation

Hi all,

I'm recording a web navigation with Web HTTP/HTML protocol. This involves collecting a code (called "o-key", that always changes) from a certain endpoint and use that to accessing another site. I'm wondering: it is possible, with this protocol, to insert a web_custom_request() on the "Init" section with the catched "o-key" and correlate it for its usage on the rest of the script?

Thank you for any suggestion about, 

Lorenzo

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Lorenzo,

When you make an recording you will receive a o-key that is used at a later moment in your script. Mark the o-key-value in your script and via right-mouse-key select correlate. VuGen will generate the correlation for this value including the web_reg_save_* function.

When you have an existing script that is changed a lot, you can just make test-recording and apply the results analogous to your original script.

Success, Erik

Signature:
Reward community members who take time to respond and help.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

If your value changes between requests then you would need to copy and paste your web_reg_save_param before every request so it captures new one etc..

you can also create a function if your custom request is the same throughout and then call it in the script.

Highlighted

Thanks for your responses. 

Maybe I not explain myself well. My doubt isn't on the use of web_reg_save_param() or correlation phase but if it is a correct way insert a web_custom_request(), from an external endpoint respect the rest navigation, at the beginning of the script, and use one of its param (an "okey", in this case) to make a successfull navigation. 

Have you ever recorded a web browsing with Web HTTP/HTML and then manipulate the bytecode inserting a web_custom_request() manually in the first part of the script?

Thank you in advance for any suggestion, 

Lorenzo

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Adding manual actions (web_custom_requests etc) is sometimes like a small puzzle. I use normally HTTPWatch recording as source and look for an existing comparable action. Then it is just common sense and looking for analogous patterns.

Signature:
Reward community members who take time to respond and help.
Highlighted

Thank you for your gentle response, JHF. 

In fact, I've already recorded a script with this circumstances: I've insert a web_custom_request() in the Init section and the navigation runs well. 

I wondered if it was a correct procedure, and from your answer I had confirmation!

Lorenzo

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.