Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Web HTTP-HTML: how to record a script with Firefox

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I have the necessity to record a web navigation with Web HTTP-HTML protocol...but this navigation can be done only with Firefox browser. I have LR 12.53 (32 bit system) and I always record with IE browser, with this protocol. In the image below, you can see that the only browser available for recording is IE:

I've tried to point the Firefox embedded with LoadRunner, but if I try to record with this, no actions, functions is recorded in the bytecode, 

firefox2.png

Can you help me? How can I record Web HTTP-HTML with Firefox?

Thank you very much for any type of help,

Lorenzo

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Web HTTP-HTML: how to record a script with Firefox

Jump to solution

Sorry, I found a solution pointed a Firefox execution file present on my system, for example the one available from LoadRunner itself,

firefox.png

With this method, once the navigation is completed, VuGen creates the bytecode and the replay of it goes well, as with IE browser by default.

Cheers,

Lorenzo

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Sorry, I found a solution pointed a Firefox execution file present on my system, for example the one available from LoadRunner itself,

firefox.png

With this method, once the navigation is completed, VuGen creates the bytecode and the replay of it goes well, as with IE browser by default.

Cheers,

Lorenzo

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.. Regular Contributor..
Regular Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi,
Please refer below KM Doc for a hotfix to resolve this issue.
https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/doc/KM02567539

Another Option:
When you record HTTP traffic, you can use any browser(IE/Chrome). While replaying, you can set the User-Agent string under run-time settings or choose FireFox as the replay browser.

RTS.JPG

Regards,
Asif

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thank you very much, Asif!

I resolved the issue, but your suggestion is interesting. Sorry, but the what the hotfix does? How can I install that?

And sorry again, but can you make some example about the "User-Agent" under Runtime Settings?

Thanks again for the support,

Lorenzo

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.. Regular Contributor..
Regular Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi Lorenzo,

the Link  has the detailed steps to install hotfix which will resolve recording issues with FireFox for Vugen v12.5x

When a browser sends a request to a server, the browser sends a user-agent string that identifies itself to the server. The identifying details in the user-agent string are included in various tokens. These tokens provide various details such as which browser is being used, the version of the browser, and the operating system on which the browser is running.

The user-agent string is included in a User-Agent header that is part of every request that is sent by the browser to the server. Servers can use the information that is contained in the user-agent string to provide content that is tailored for the specific browser.

Below is an example of a User-Agent header that contains a user-agent string that is sent to a server. In this example, the user-agent string identifies the browser as Mozilla FireFox v 31.0, running under Windows 10.

skarasif213_0-1576758653565.png

Regards,

Asif

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi Asif, 

thank you very much for the exhaustive and kind response! I never use that option for massive test but I will prove it. 

Thank you again for your time,

Lorenzo

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.